Wednesday 8 October 2008

People & Planet


I went to my first people and planet meeting last night to see what they were all about and how they are trying to make a difference.

Their agenda this year is to 'Target Topshop' they want Topshop and the company Arcadia that houses them and some of the other large highstreet retailers like Miss Selfridge, Dorothy Perkins, Evans etc to join the Ethical Trading Initiative. See their website for more details and actions.

http://peopleandplanet.org/redressfashion/highstreet

While I am not sure that I agree with their gorrilla warfare tactics as this often can have a negative effect I am going to help them with a fashion show/swapshop/charityshop/customising event they are going to be holding in the union in mid november... watch this space... I feel that trying to re-educate ourselves on the way we consume and trying to do this in a more ethical way can only have a positive effect.

No comments: