Wednesday 8 October 2008

Innocent seling out...

Innocent has been getting a lot a stick recently for 'selling out' they are trialing some of their smoothies in McDonalds, while I dont like McDonalds or eat there many people do, they have a lot of power and sway on what people consume as I have said in my McDonaldization entry. It is a tricky situation but then I think this ethical living thing is tough, baby steps, we cant change the world or how peopl think and shop overnight. I dont view Innocent as selling out Id like to think that they have the ability to make a positive change from the inside out. Mabe their ideals and ethical commitments will rub off on McDonalds...




Richard Reed one of Innoents founders admitted that the McDonald's trial was clearly a business decision but insisted the company would not alter the way it produced its smoothies or any of its other ethical commitments, saying "our principles aren't for sale, but our smoothies are."

I hope so anyway, I like what the Innocent guys are all about and drink their smoothies frequently, they have a positive message... or mabe they just have a clever brand. They sure do taste good though.

No comments: