Tuesday 30 September 2008

where I am now...

Here is how I organise my thoughts at the moment at the start of my masters year...




... I like to use pictorial mind mapping to gather and focus my thoughts, surrounding myself in photos, images & colour. Bold flat images, simple shapes & layering interest me and are a recurring theme in my design work.



Below were my initial thoughts on an area of study for this year...




...I would like to find a way to ease the problem of mass consumption, targeting the idea of fast fashion and how I can bridge the gap between our 'want' over 'need' society, in a way that we can still keep our identity and fufil our underlying need to belong which we can get from our connection to the fast fashion industry without putting more pressure on the environment and the people producing these cheap wear once garments, as the current phase of our throw away culture cannot be sustainable long term. I propose to look at creating a design model of a fully recyclable fashion that has a personal connect but that can be discarded after a few uses. Can Fast fashion have an eco twist or is it all ultimately damaging to the planet?

No comments: