Tuesday 22 September 2009

Changing the face of fashion...


...well of a t-shirt anyway. Upon starting my masters course a year ago (which I have recently finished - you can see some of my new pieces here), I thought wouldnt it be wonderful if your clothing's patterning could change and alter over the course of a day... my research lead me down many paths and away from optical elusions, but now my thirst for this type of patterning change has been quenched by Sun NÂș01 which is a limited-edition graphic T printed with a mix of ordinary and smart, uv-sensitive inks. (A collaboration between Moondial and Viennese fashion label Wendy & Jim)

See the video below to view the colour change from normal light to UV Light levels...


Find more videos like this on Fashioning Technology


Launched at the Ars Electronica Festival earlier this month, the shirt is now available internationally for €80 from the Moondial site.

No comments: